www.thetexanslockerroom.com

Venha jogar um save em grupo compartilhando objetivos e conquistas!
hongwei28
Membro
Membro
Time: game
Time na LFM: game

www.thetexanslockerroom.com

Mensagem por hongwei28 » Seg Mai 06, 2019 22:29

Rumors?Speculation?Half-truths?What to make of the Texans’ actions or lack thereof in free agency so far?"After watching the Houston Texans enter free agency with a pile of cash Bradley Roby Jersey White , a pile of needs, and a pile of opportunities, excitement was high. Yet they really haven’t done much at all, other than avoid overpaying for a safety, bringing in another good one, and losing perhaps their best defensive back. It’s hard not to sit back and wonder just what in the world is going on. Theories abound as to what exactly “the plan” is deep inside the bowels of NRG Park, and rumors are also swirling in every corner of the sportsphere. Since there hasn’t been much in the way of exciting news out of the Texans’ press room so far this offseason, it stands to reason that speculation will run rampant. Nature abhors a vacuum – you know, the device that sucks as its only contribution to the world鈥?With that in mind, here are some rumors, speculation, and other flights of pure fantasy to discuss while we wait for the Texans to do something more than what they’ve already done.The Houston Texans Trade Whitney MercilusLots of people wonder if Merc either fell out of favor, failed to adapt to Romeo Crennel’s ever evolving defense, or just had an off year in 2019. With that comes the speculation that Houston will include Merc in a draft day trade of some sort. Let’s go down that rabbit hole:Houston trades Whitney Mercilus and a 2nd round pick to the Baltimore Ravens for Marshal YandaRumor: The Ravens love stellar linebackers, have a slippery quarterback, and an ever-present plan to stockpile draft picks. Yanda’s presence would immediately upgrade the core of the Texans’ offensive line and give struggling center Nick Martin a chance to rise to the level of his brother, Zack. Some think Brian (Gaine) and (Bill) O’Brien are playing some sneaky game of poker, trying to outwit their divisional rivals with unorthodox methods. Whatever Brian and O’Brien are up to, it certainly leads to speculation.Houston Texans General Manager Brian Gaine Takes a Page From MoneyballRumor: Not only is Houston signing Cleveland Browns castoffs, but Gaine has already written off 2019 and plans to pull out several draft day trades to stockpile draft picks and cap space for 2020. Trading out of the 23rd pick in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft to land someone else’s 2nd round pick in 2019 and a 2nd and 3rd in the 2020 NFL Draft makes sense for this sort of approach. Possibly the biggest fear amongst Texans’ fandom comes from the notion that we’ve seen the last of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney terrorizing opposing offenses.Texans Trade Jadeveon Clowney and the 23rd overall pick to the Oakland RaidersRumor: In this potential blockbuster deal, Houston gives up a player they never should let go Corey Moore Jersey White , former first overall pick Jadeveon Clowney, and throw in their first rounder and the second of their two 2nd round picks in the 2019 NFL Draft. Houston gets Raiders center Rodney Hudson and the 4th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, which they use to take Florida’s Jawan Taylor. Having previously signed Donald Penn in this scenario, Houston makes a move that dramatically bolsters their offensive line at the cost of a generational talent in Jadeveon Clowney. While all this craziness is fun to speculate about, if history is any indicator, chances are the reality will be far less exciting in the offing, but has a better payoff: Houston Texans Run A Vanilla Offseason Plan And Score Rumor: This scenario has no splashy moves whatsoever. The Texans make a few more not-very-notable free agent signings, don’t make any draft day trades, luck out and draft Washington State offensive tackle Andre Dillard with the 23rd pick, Clemson cornerback Trayvon Mullens with the 54th overall pick, and Vanderbilt cornerback Joejuan Williams with the 55th overall pick. After draft day, Houston finds a great running back amongst the undrafted rookie free agents and shores up the rest of the roster holes with the remainder of its 2019 draft class and veterans cut from other teams. What do you think? What’s the best scenario you’ve heard so far? Favorite rumor? Wildest speculation? Fill us in on your insider info in the comments box! HOUSTON (AP) — With a stirring rendition of “I’ll Fly Away” marking the conclusion of a memorial service for former Houston Texans founder and owner Bob McNair, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wiped tears from his eyes Friday afternoon.“It’s ironic that I’m getting emotional because the only other time I ever teared up was right on this field when the Texans and Bob kicked our butt in the first game that was ever played in this stadium,” Jones said, recalling Houston’s 19-10 win over the Cowboys in their inaugural game in 2002. “The Texans put it on the Cowboys and it was a glorious night to begin the Texans. Bob was so special.”More than 1,000 of McNair’s friends, members of the Houston and NFL community, players and coaches past and present, gathered to pay respects and say goodbye to McNair, who brought the NFL back to Houston for its inaugural season in 2002 after the Oilers moved to Tennessee.Former Secretary of State James A. Baker, a close friend of McNair’s Womens Greg Mancz Jersey , opened up tributes by saying the gathering was in the “House that Bob Built.” Baker said he and McNair enjoyed a love of politics, football and quail hunting, and said it was former President George H.W. Bush who converted both of them from Democrats to Republicans.Baker talked about McNair’s determination and told a story of how he only saw McNair give up on a quest once in his life, when the two were quail hunting in sweltering south Texas heat. After a long and miserable day, McNair finally said in his Southern drawl, “Calf rope,” an expression similar to “Uncle” or “I give up.”The Rev. Eric Manning provided a welcome and an opening invocation. Manning is the senior pastor at Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina, the site of a July 2015 race-inspired mass shooting.NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also spoke, calling McNair one of America’s finest sportsmen and business leaders. Goodell talked about that expansion process and how Houston was a long shot early on, but McNair never wavered.“Bob was not in it for himself. He wanted to return the NFL to Houston because of his tremendous loyalty to the community,” Goodell said. “He knew that bringing the NFL back would help show the world what an extraordinary place Houston is.”Goodell praised McNair for his faith, integrity, patience, honesty and thoughtfulness.“Not to put any more pressure on you and the team, but you know how much Bob wanted to win a Super Bowl,” Goodell said, looking to Texans coach Bill O’Brien.Texans defensive end J.J. Watt praised McNair for his philanthropy and generosity in the community. Watt recalled a charity event at NRG Stadium when, at the end of the event after “tons of money” had been raised, it was announced that McNair committed to matching everyone’s combined donations.“That’s what Mr. McNair did. He would do the kindest things at random moments, and he would do it many times when people had no idea that he was doing it Jose Altuve Jersey ,” Watt said. “I consider myself lucky to have known him, lucky to have learned from him, and I can only hope that I’m making him proud in the way that we represent his organization.”Dr. Harris Pastides, president of the University of South Carolina, mentioned a commencement speech McNair did at his alma mater in 1999 and how McNair talked about meeting his wife, Janice, and telling her parents they were moving to Texas for a few years to build some capital before returning home.“He then reminded the graduates to never make promises they could not keep,” Pastides said.Dr. Dave Peterson, pastor emeritus at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, talked about McNair’s drive, which he said he believed was instilled in McNair from an early age. Peterson told a story of a young McNair in his small hometown of Forest City, North Carolina who wanted his country dirt road to be paved so badly that he would repeatedly stomp on a strip provided by the state’s transportation department to determine how busy the road was and whether or not it needed to be paved.Peterson said he visited McNair at the hospital on Thanksgiving and said he was saddened to see him suffering. Peterson noted the last few months of McNair’s life were painful, adding that in seeing the pictures and videos paying tribute to McNair, “It’s good to see him smiling again.”McNair died on Nov. 23 at the age of 81. He had battled both leukemia and squamous cell carcinoma in recent years. He died peacefully with wife Janice and his family by his side, the Texans said.Following the tributes, a short video montage highlighted McNair’s life, with a focus on his time as Texans owner.“I’d like to think that I’ll be remembered as an honorable man, as a good Christian man, and that I always did things in a first-class manner and treated people honestly,” McNair said on the video. “I think that would be a good legacy.”

Responder

Voltar para “Saves Coletivos”